Saturday, June 28, 2008

Transformational Healing Through Dynamic Meditation

By Joy Idries

Let me invite you to be still and hear the voice within.

You CAN effortlessly access an inner wisdom that has the answers to your heart's desires simply by becoming still and bringing all of your attention to a single focus, then witnessing or listening to the promptings and messages given to you from within and acting on them.

Through guided or focused meditation you can learn to see and appreciate the gifts at the heart of the trials in your life. The root cause of suffering is attachment and our earliest and strongest attachments are at birth and in childhood. Many people have taken on the wounds of their parents as their own and often continue to experience the world from this standpoint. Healing through guided meditation comes about via a re-connection to our higher and more joyful selves. When we become very still and really listen to our inner wisdom we can find the solutions we are looking for. We can find peace and rest and are then much more able to laugh and see the funny side of life.

As an example I would like to share with you one of my meditations which involved asking the question 'why am I still crying?' At that time in my life I had often found myself in tears and didn't know why. So I set the focus with this question, then closed my eyes, let go of attachment to my thoughts and relaxed with a few deep breaths.

Whilst meditating in this way I 'saw' or 'sensed' with my inner vision what appeared to be a nest of eggs. As soon as I saw this nest I found myself starting to cry as I realized that these 'eggs' in fact represented my 'unborn babies', the children I had never been able to have because of losing my womb to cancer some years before. I became aware that prior to this meditation I hadn't realized I had been grieving their loss. I had just stuffed my feelings down into my body somewhere and 'got on' with life as my mother had taught me before.

At that moment in the meditation the eggs 'cracked' and out popped what I can only describe as 'little angels' who promptly flew up to heaven with the message that they were waiting for me there. I felt washed through at once with an amazing feeling of pure delight and happiness. The power of inner metaphor, this 'Language of the Soul' can bring such powerfully deep insights and instant transformation. It was at this point that my grief was finally completed and a way was made open for me to laugh with life again. It was a real WOW moment where my grief dissolved instantly there and then, never to come back again since.

Up to this point I had also been in a lot of pain in the lower abdomen but afterwards the pain disappeared completely. This is a great endorsement for letting go of negative and allowing laughter and the body's natural healing abilities to work together.

We can view our difficulties differently by shifting our level of awareness. Inside your own being is an essence that is ready to shine beyond the difficulties that life presents. You can take a journey into it, to your inner wisdom to ask it what you need to know, and it'll take you exactly where you need to go and give you answers that will astound you and lead to instant transformation. Through it you can find healing, peace and enlightenment. This is transformational healing through dynamic meditation. It is a way of paying attention to our suffering from within, looking at it as a Witness or Observer, experiencing how it feels or sounds or what it looks like, and then releasing and healing your pain by making a connection to a higher state of consciousness. You come to view your difficulties differently by shifting your level of awareness. We are in fact bigger than our painful experiences, much bigger.

When you become aware of yourself as Infinite Compassion, for example, the anger you might have been feeling prior to this experience suddenly loses its overwhelming quality and you are able to look at this now relatively smaller angry part of yourself with acceptance and love. There is a deeper essential self that remains untouched by the challenges and trials of life, abuse, abandonment, feeling unworthy or unfulfilled ... these are only parts of who we are. We are bigger than all of this and getting in touch with our deeper essence allows us to open to this deeper truth and see the world in a totally new and empowered perspective.

Joy Idries shares her passion for Spiritual Growth, Healing and Fun through her weekly 'Love Laughter' newsletter. If you want to learn how to get in touch with your inner light and joy through laughter, to reduce physical and emotional pain AND boost your immune system all at the same time, claim your FREE E-COURSE 'The Benefits of Laughter and Playing On Purpose' now at http://www.clownfocustherapy.com ~ Also see more at http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/joy_idries.html and http://www.instantnaturalpainrelief.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joy_Idries

No comments: